R. Poço do Mau, Torrão, Setúbal, 7595

R. Poço do Mau
Torrão Setúbal 7595
Portugal

EXCLUSIVE

Property

Ownership: For Sale
Type: Castle
Rooms: 10
Pets: Pets Unknown
Area: 1955M² (21054 sq ft)
Lot Size: 10527 sq ft
Tenure: Tenure Unknown

Financials

Price: €750,000
($900,000)
Abel Garrido
Real Estate Consultant
Avenida da Liberdade, 129 B , 1250-140 Lisbon

Description

This magnificent building originating from the 16th century (built in 1560), intended for the gathering of nuns of Torrão is dedicated to Santa Marta, and a true jewel of the Secular Architectural Heritage of Alentejo.
Located in Torrão, 77 mi from the center of Lisbon, and 39 mi from the sands of Comporta, the most elegant area of beaches South of Lisbon, suffers high damage with the earthquake of 1755, ruining part of the cloister. In the 20th century it was sold to a private who turned the church into a barn, and later into a furniture warehouse.

It consists of two floors, being the ground floor warehouse, with 4 large rooms and patio, and the upper with 6 rooms.
Affecting the use of warehouse and industrial activity, is classified as Architectural Heritage, but not considered as protected building.

Building deployment area 10527 ft2
Gross construction area 21054 ft2

Alentejo, one of the most beautiful regions of Portugal, extends through immense plain, of agricultural fields, and a rich historical heritage from the beginning of the kingdom of Portugal.
The Alentejo coast extends for more than 150 kilometres, from the bay of Setúbal to the western Algarve.

Some of the beaches are wild, rich in fresh fish and seafood, nature in the purest state, photogenic sunsets and many other secrets.


The seductive Alcácer do Sal was the regional capital of the Moors. Don Afonso Henriques first portuguese king, conquered it (1158-1160) with the help of the legendary Knights Templar. Above the city stands the magnificent Castle, of Islamic origin. It has an amazing view over the green rice paddies that surround the city, with nests of storks on the roofs.


The Torrão Village, belongs to the region of Alcacer do Sal, having human occupation, since prehistoric times. It was later populated by the Romans, and then inhabited by Arabs until 1217. Rich in Historical Heritage is close to the Vale de Gaio Dam, providing conditions for the practice of the most varied leisure, sports and tourism activities.

Amenities

  • Skyline View

Exposures

  • East
  • North
  • South
  • West

Convento de Nossa Senhora do Torrão, unique building of the Historical Heritage of Alentejo

Description

This magnificent building originating from the 16th century (built in 1560), intended for the gathering of nuns of Torrão is dedicated to Santa Marta, and a true jewel of the Secular Architectural Heritage of Alentejo.
Located in Torrão, 77 mi from the center of Lisbon, and 39 mi from the sands of Comporta, the most elegant area of beaches South of Lisbon, suffers high damage with the earthquake of 1755, ruining part of the cloister. In the 20th century it was sold to a private who turned the church into a barn, and later into a furniture warehouse.

It consists of two floors, being the ground floor warehouse, with 4 large rooms and patio, and the upper with 6 rooms.
Affecting the use of warehouse and industrial activity, is classified as Architectural Heritage, but not considered as protected building.

Building deployment area 10527 ft2
Gross construction area 21054 ft2

Alentejo, one of the most beautiful regions of Portugal, extends through immense plain, of agricultural fields, and a rich historical heritage from the beginning of the kingdom of Portugal.
The Alentejo coast extends for more than 150 kilometres, from the bay of Setúbal to the western Algarve.

Some of the beaches are wild, rich in fresh fish and seafood, nature in the purest state, photogenic sunsets and many other secrets.


The seductive Alcácer do Sal was the regional capital of the Moors. Don Afonso Henriques first portuguese king, conquered it (1158-1160) with the help of the legendary Knights Templar. Above the city stands the magnificent Castle, of Islamic origin. It has an amazing view over the green rice paddies that surround the city, with nests of storks on the roofs.


The Torrão Village, belongs to the region of Alcacer do Sal, having human occupation, since prehistoric times. It was later populated by the Romans, and then inhabited by Arabs until 1217. Rich in Historical Heritage is close to the Vale de Gaio Dam, providing conditions for the practice of the most varied leisure, sports and tourism activities.

Amenities

  • Skyline View

Exposures

  • East
  • North
  • South
  • West

All information furnished regarding property for sale, rental or financing is from sources deemed reliable, but no warranty or representation is made as to the accuracy thereof and same is submitted subject to errors, omissions, change of price, rental or other conditions, prior sale, lease or financing or withdrawal without notice. International currency conversions where shown are estimates based on recent exchange rates and are not official asking prices.

All dimensions are approximate. For exact dimensions, you must hire your own architect or engineer.