|Number of Units:||20|
50 Pine is located on one of the city's great blocks.
It is just to the east of Our Lady of Victory Roman Catholic Church and its upper floors overlook One Chase Manhattan Plaza with its large sunken fountain by Isamu Noguchi and its Four Trees sculpture by Jean Dubuffet across William Street.
It is to the west of the very ornate and fine 56 Pine Street building, which was converted to a condominium in 2005, the imposing low-rise Downtown Association building, and the great Art Deco skyscraper at 70 Pine Street.
This building has a three-step-up entrance with a barrel-vaulted lobby. The handsome, 12-story, beige-brick building was erected in 1902 and has arched windows on its top floor and a two-story limestone base at the top of which is emblazoned “Caledonian Insurance Company.” It has large, single-pane, openable windows, ceilings higher than 10 feet, and a large cornice. It permits pets and has bicycle storage and a doorman.