Little Italy is a neighborhood in Lower Manhattan, New York City that is known for its rich Italian heritage and vibrant culture. Little Italy is famous for its delicious Italian food. There are many restaurants and cafes in the neighborhood serving up classic Italian dishes like pizza, pasta, and cannoli. The annual Feast of San Gennaro, a ten-day street festival held in September, is a highlight of the neighborhood's food culture.
Best Choice for Shopping
- Piemonte Ravioli: Piemonte Ravioli is a family-owned pasta shop that has been operating in Little Italy since 1920. They offer a wide variety of fresh pasta, sauces, and Italian specialty foods.
- Soho is a great place to go shopping if you are staying in Little Italy because it is a short distance away and offers a different shopping experience. Soho is known for its trendy boutiques, high-end fashion stores, and art galleries. It's a great place to find unique clothing, accessories, and home decor items, as well as to explore the art scene. Additionally, Soho has a wide range of dining options, from casual cafes to upscale restaurants, so you can make a day out of your shopping trip.
- Il Mulino: Il Mulino is a high-end Italian restaurant that specializes in homemade pasta and traditional Italian dishes. They also have an extensive wine list featuring Italian and international wines.
- Parm: This restaurant is known for its classic Italian-American dishes, including chicken and meatball parmigiana. It also offers delicious pasta dishes and sandwiches.
- Lombardi's: Lombardi's claims to be the first pizzeria in America, opened in 1905. They offer traditional coal-fired brick oven pizza with a variety of toppings.
- Rubirosa: Rubirosa is a family-owned Italian restaurant that offers upscale, classic Italian dishes in a cozy atmosphere. They are known for their thin-crust pizza, homemade pastas, and signature meatballs.
- Puglia Restaurant: Puglia offers classic Southern Italian cuisine, including dishes like eggplant parmigiana, rigatoni with sausage and broccoli rabe, and seafood specialties. They also have a large wine list with Italian and international selections.
Most Luxurious Hotels
While there are no hotels located directly within Little Italy itself, there are several luxury hotels located nearby that offer easy access to the neighborhood's vibrant culture and dining scene. Here are a few examples:
- The Beekman: Located just a few blocks from Little Italy in the Financial District, The Beekman is a luxury hotel housed in a historic 19th-century building. The hotel features elegant rooms with high-end amenities, a rooftop bar and lounge, and several dining options including Augustine, a French-inspired brasserie.
- The Roxy Hotel: Located in nearby Tribeca, The Roxy Hotel is a luxurious boutique hotel that features spacious rooms with high-end finishes, a screening room, a fitness center, and several dining options including The Roxy Bar, an iconic New York City establishment.
- The Ludlow Hotel: Located in the Lower East Side, just a few blocks from Little Italy, The Ludlow Hotel is a luxury boutique hotel that features stylish rooms with high-end amenities, a rooftop bar and lounge, and several dining options including Dirty French, a popular French brasserie.
- The Crosby Street Hotel: Located in nearby SoHo, The Crosby Street Hotel is a luxurious boutique hotel that features stylish rooms with high-end amenities, a private garden, a fitness center, and several dining options including The Crosby Bar, which offers a cozy atmosphere for drinks and light bites.
- The Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown: Located just a few blocks south of Little Italy in the Financial District, The Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown is a luxurious hotel that features spacious rooms with high-end amenities, a full-service spa, a fitness center, and several dining options including CUT, a steakhouse by acclaimed chef Wolfgang Puck. The hotel also offers stunning views of the city, including the nearby One World Trade Center.
World Class Residences
- 75 Kenmare: 75 Kenmare is a luxury condominium building located in the heart of Little Italy, offering 38 residences with world-class amenities such as a 24-hour attended lobby, a fitness center, a landscaped rooftop terrace, and a private residents' lounge. 199 Mott Street is a boutique condominium building with 11 units, offering a range of amenities such as a 24-hour doorman, a fitness center, a landscaped roof terrace, and private storage for each unit.
- 260 Bowery: 260 Bowery is a luxury rental building located in the heart of the Bowery neighborhood of New York City. The building offers residents spacious apartments with high-end finishes, floor-to-ceiling windows, and stunning views of the city. Amenities include a 24-hour concierge, a fitness center, a landscaped roof deck, a residents' lounge, and a private screening room. The location provides easy access to some of the best dining, shopping, and cultural experiences in the city.
- 152 Elizabeth Street: This luxury condominium building offers 32 units designed by renowned architect Tadao Ando. The building features a landscaped garden, a fitness center, a 24-hour attended lobby, and private storage for each unit.
- 210 Lafayette: This luxury rental building offers spacious apartments with high-end finishes and panoramic city views. Amenities include a fitness center, a residents' lounge, a rooftop terrace, and 24-hour concierge services.
- The Brewster Carriage House: This historic building was originally constructed in 1883 and was recently converted into luxury condominiums. The building features a fitness center, a landscaped roof terrace, and private storage for each unit.