- Quiet and peaceful: Roosevelt Island offers a peaceful and quiet lifestyle compared to many other areas of New York City. The island has a small town feel, with plenty of green space and walking paths, making it a great place for families or anyone who wants to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
Best Choice for Shopping
- Roosevelt Island Farmers Market - Held every Saturday from 8am to 3pm, the Roosevelt Island Farmers Market offers a range of fresh produce, baked goods, and artisanal products.
Overall, while Roosevelt Island may not have a wide range of shopping options, it has enough stores to cater to the daily needs of its residents. For more extensive shopping, residents can easily access the shopping districts in Manhattan and Queens.
- Nisi - Located at 549 Main St, Nisi offers Mediterranean-inspired cuisine, including seafood, pasta, and grilled meats, in a modern and elegant setting.
- Fuji East - Located at 455 Main St, Fuji East offers sushi, Japanese cuisine, and a selection of Asian-inspired cocktails in a contemporary setting.
- Piccolo Trattoria - Located at 455 Main St, Piccolo Trattoria offers Italian cuisine, including pasta, pizza, and seafood, in a cozy and intimate setting.
- Riverwalk Market - Located at 425 Main St, Riverwalk Market is a food hall with a range of vendors offering a variety of cuisines, including Mexican, Japanese, and Mediterranean.
- Wholesome Factory - Located at 586 Main St, Wholesome Factory offers healthy and organic meals, including sandwiches, salads, and smoothies.
Most Luxurious Hotels
The closest luxury hotels to Roosevelt Island would be located in Manhattan or Queens. Some of the most luxurious hotels in Manhattan include The Plaza Hotel, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, The St. Regis New York, and The Mandarin Oriental, New York. In Queens, some of the most luxurious hotels include The Ravel Hotel, The Boro Hotel, and The Paper Factory Hotel.
World Class Residences
- Riverwalk Point - This luxury rental building features spacious apartments with high-end finishes and appliances, a fitness center, rooftop terrace with stunning views of Manhattan, and a 24-hour attended lobby.
- The Octagon - A historic building that was recently converted into luxury apartments, The Octagon features a variety of floor plans, many with stunning views of the East River and Manhattan skyline, as well as amenities such as a fitness center, landscaped courtyard, and a rooftop lounge.
- The House at Cornell Tech - A new building that houses graduate students, faculty, and staff of Cornell Tech, The House offers modern, high-tech apartments with breathtaking views of the East River and Manhattan skyline. Amenities include a fitness center, communal lounge areas, and an outdoor terrace.
- Manhattan Park - This large rental building offers a variety of floor plans and amenities, including a fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, rooftop deck, and 24-hour attended lobby.
- Riverwalk Court - This rental building features spacious apartments with modern finishes and appliances, a fitness center, and a landscaped courtyard.