Lifestyle in the LES
The Lower East Side (LES) is a vibrant neighborhood located in Manhattan, NYC that is known for its diverse cultural offerings, hip bars and restaurants, and lively nightlife.
Best Choice of Shopping
- MNZ Store: Maryam Nassir Zadeh's eponymous store is a go-to destination for those seeking cutting-edge fashion. The store offers a range of clothing, shoes, and accessories from up-and-coming designers, as well as Nassir Zadeh's own line.
- The Good Company: This streetwear store is known for its exclusive collaborations with top designers and artists. The store also features a gallery space that showcases the work of emerging artists.
- Assembly New York: This boutique stocks a range of high-end clothing and accessories for both men and women. The store's selection includes pieces from top designers such as Dries Van Noten and Yohji Yamamoto, making it a must-visit for fashion connoisseurs.
- Clic: This boutique stocks a range of high-end clothing, accessories, and home goods. The store's selection includes pieces from top designers such as Maison Margiela and Jil Sander, as well as unique, artisanal items from around the world.
- The Frankie Shop: This boutique offers a range of fashion-forward clothing and accessories for women, including pieces from up-and-coming designers as well as established luxury brands. The store's selection of unique, on-trend pieces and friendly staff make it a must-visit for fashion-conscious shoppers.
- Dirty French: This upscale bistro-style restaurant serves French cuisine with a New York twist. The restaurant's chic, retro-inspired decor and inventive menu, which includes dishes such as escargot with bone marrow and chicken breast with foie gras, make it a popular choice for special occasions.
- Russ & Daughters Cafe: This cafe is an offshoot of the legendary Lower East Side appetizing shop, Russ & Daughters, which has been serving smoked fish and other Jewish delicacies since 1914. The cafe serves a range of classic dishes, including bagels with lox and cream cheese and matzo ball soup, in a stylish, modern setting.
- The Flower Shop: This trendy restaurant and bar has a vintage, 1970s-inspired decor and a menu of classic American dishes with a modern twist. The restaurant's menu includes dishes such as fried chicken and biscuits, and the lively atmosphere and retro vibe make it a popular spot for a night out.
- Cervo's: This cozy seafood restaurant serves a range of fresh seafood dishes inspired by the Mediterranean and coastal Portugal. The menu includes dishes such as grilled sardines and octopus, and the atmosphere is relaxed and convivial.
- Wildair: This chic and trendy spot serves creative small plates that are perfect for sharing. The menu changes frequently, but typically includes dishes such as uni toast and razor clams with black bean sauce. The atmosphere is lively and energetic, making it a popular spot for a night out with friends.
Most Luxurious Hotels
- The Ludlow Hotel: This boutique hotel is located in the heart of the Lower East Side and features stylishly designed rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and vintage furnishings. The hotel also boasts a rooftop bar with stunning views of the city, a cozy lobby lounge with a fireplace, and a trendy restaurant serving seasonal American fare.
- The Bowery Hotel: This luxurious hotel is located in a historic building on the edge of the Lower East Side and features elegantly appointed rooms with plush bedding, antique furnishings, and marble bathrooms. The hotel also boasts a cozy lobby with a fireplace, a stylish bar with a 1940s feel, and a popular Italian restaurant with a lively atmosphere.
- Public Hotel: This trendy hotel is located in the heart of the Lower East Side and features sleek rooms with minimalist decor and floor-to-ceiling windows offering stunning city views. The hotel also boasts a rooftop bar with a 360-degree view of the city, a stylish lobby with a fireplace, and multiple dining options, including a modern seafood restaurant and a rooftop restaurant and bar.
- Hotel on Rivington: This luxurious hotel is located on the border of the Lower East Side and the East Village and features sleek rooms with stunning city views, high-tech amenities, and modern decor. The hotel also boasts a rooftop bar with sweeping city views, a trendy sushi restaurant, and a chic lobby bar with a fireplace.
World Class Residences
- 215 Chrystie Street: This exclusive residential tower offers a limited collection of just 11 full-floor residences, each with expansive views of the city and the East River. The building features luxurious finishes and top-of-the-line appliances, and residents have access to a private fitness center, 24-hour concierge service, and a landscaped rooftop terrace.
- The Ludlow: This stylish residential building offers luxury apartments with high-end finishes and top-of-the-line appliances, along with an array of world-class amenities, including a 24-hour doorman, fitness center, landscaped rooftop terrace, and bike storage.
- 196 Orchard Street: This modern residential building features a sleek and stylish design, with luxurious finishes and high-end appliances in each unit. The building offers a range of amenities, including a fitness center, rooftop terrace, and private resident lounge.
- 100 Norfolk Street: This unique residential building features an innovative design that incorporates outdoor space into each unit, with balconies and terraces that offer stunning views of the city. The building also features a landscaped rooftop terrace, fitness center, and 24-hour concierge service.
- One Manhattan Square: This ultra-luxury residential tower offers stunning views of the city and East River, with sleek and modern interiors designed by renowned architects and designers. The building has an array of world-class amenities, including a spa, fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools, basketball and squash courts, and a private theater.